Multimedia in Computer Graphics
It refers to a mixture of interactive media or data types, predominantly text, graphics, audio and video simultaneously delivered by a computer. A multimedia system implies a combination of specified hardware components with a certain minimum capability and compatible software that has an interactive interface studded with different media elements.
Multimedia presentation is dependent on the processing power and data-storage capacity of the computer, some of the basic H/W components that make a complete multimedia system are:
1. Devices like a keyboard, mouse, joystick, and touch screen by which the user can interact with the system.
2. A high-resolution screen and graphics accelerator card that can out good quality still images, and video clips as well as animations, text and graphics.
3. Speakers for speech and music output.
4. Microphone for audio recording.
5. Sound card and video grabber card to capture, digitize, and edit audio and video material.
6. CD-ROM drive to playback pre-recorded source material.