Algorithm: An algorithm is a set of steps to solve a particular problem.
1. Input: An algorithm should have some inputs.
2. Output: At least one output should be returned by the algorithm after the completion of the specific task based on the given inputs.
3. Definiteness: Every statement of the algorithm should be clear and unambiguous.
4. Finiteness: No infinite loop should be allowed in an algorithm. Example:
5. Effectiveness: Writing an algorithm is a priori process of actual implementation of the algorithm. So, a person should analyze the algorithm in the finite amount of time with a pen and paper to judge the performance for giving the final version of the algorithm.