SEO Interview Questions and Answers
There is a list of the most important SEO Interview Questions and Answers.
1. What is a Search Engine?
Ans – Search Engine is a software system that is designed to search for information on the World Wide Web. The information may be a mix of web pages, images and other types of files. The most popular search engines include Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.
2. Define SEO.
Ans – It stands for search engine optimization. SEO is the process of getting traffic from organic or search engines.
3. Difference between on-page and off-page SEO.
Ans – On-page SEO is used to regulate the site to be optimized through page coding. Off-page SEO isn’t regulated by page coding.
4. What is a Backlink?
Ans – Any incoming links to a website or web page are known as Backlink.
5. Define outbound links.
Ans – Any link on a website that links to another web page or website says an Outbound link.
6. What do you mean by Page Rank?
Ans – For every web page, Google gives a rank according to its algorithm, this process is known as Page Rank.
7. Name some tools that are mostly used in SEO.
1. Google Analytics
2. Google Serach Console
8. What are Meta Tags?
Ans – In HTML code, Meta tags are pages data tag that lies between the open and closing head tags of web document or web page.
9. Define Keyword Density.
Ans – Keyword density is the percentage density of a particular keyword available on a website compared to the total number of words on a particular page.
10. Difference between Do-follow and No-follow backlink.
Ans – A do-follow link acts as a backlink that counted by search engines and help in enhancing the ranking of a site.
A no-follow link usually does influence the ranking in the search engine index.
11. What is the robots.txt file?
Ans – robots.txt is a standardized file that used by websites to communicate with web crawlers and other web robots.
12. What is a long-tail keyword?
Ans – These keywords are phrases containing over 4+ words that make search results highly specific.
13. Define Keyword Difficulty.
Ans – It defines how difficult a keyword is to rank due to its popularity.
14. What is a landing page?
Ans – The landing page is a web page that serves as the entry point for a website or a particular section of a website.
15. How to reduce the Page Load Time of a website? *
Ans – 1. First, install a cache plugin and configure it.
2. Install an Image Optimization Plugin and optimize all images on the website.
3. Database cleanup using a plugin and optimizing database files and tables.
4. Uninstall and delete unnecessary plugins.
16. What is the bounce rate?
Ans – Bounce rate is the percentage of visitors to a particular website who navigate away from the site after viewing only one page.
17. What is Google Listing?
Ans – Google refers to its local business listing platform is known as Google listing or Google My Business. It includes a business name, address, phone number, email and website.
18. Define PPC.
Ans – It stands for Pay per click. It is a model of Internet marketing in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. PPC is a way of buying visits to your site, rather than attempting to earn those visits organically.
19. Difference between SEO and PPC.
Ans – SEO is mainly free but PPC isn’t free, you have to pay a cost per click.
20. How to get backlinks for ranking a new site without paying money? *
1. Write Relevant and Competitive Content
2. Publish Article posts on Social Media or Q&A forum sites.
3. Write a Successful Guest Blog Post.*
4. Do NOT Buy High DA PA Backlinks.