Operators in Java
An operator is a symbol that tells the computer to perform certain mathematical or logical manipulations. Operators are used in programs to manipulate data and variables. Java supports a rich set of operators.
Java operators can be classified into 8 categories are given as below :
1. Arithmetic Operators: Arithmetic Operators are used to constructing mathematical expressions as in algebra. Java provides all the basic arithmetic operators.
2. Relational Operators: When we compare two quantities and depending on their relation, then we used some relational symbol that is called Relational Operators.
|<=||less than or equal to|
|>=||greater than or equal to|
|!=||not equal to|
3. Logical Operators: An expression that combines two or more relational expressions is called Logical Operators or Compound Operators.
4. Assignment Operators: Assignment Operators are used to assigning the value of an expression to a variable.
5. Increment and decrement operators : Java has two useful operators and these are the Increment and decrement operators.
+ + and – –
6. Conditional Operators: The character pair ?: is a ternary operator, it is used to construct conditional expressions that are called Conditional Operators.
7. Special Operators: Java supports some special operators such as instanceof opeartor and member of selection operator or dot operator (.) .
8. Bitwise Operators: Java has a distinction of supporting special operators that are known as Bitwise Operators. It is used to manipulate data at values of bit-level and also used for testing the bits or shifting them to the right or left. Bitwise Operators may not be applied to float or double data types.
|^||bitwise exclusive OR|
|>>>||Shift right with zero fill|
1. Features of Java
2. Java Program Structure
3. Command Line Arguments in Java
4. Difference between java and c++
5. Data Types in Java with example
6. Scope of Variables in Java
7. Operators in Java
8. Looping Statement in Java
9. Objects and Classes in Java
10. Constructors in Java with example
11. Method Overloading in Java with example
12. Method Overriding in Java with example
13. Static Members in Java with Program
14. Abstract Class in Java with Program
15. final, finally and finalize in Java
16. Dynamic Method Dispatch in Java | Runtime Polymorphism
17. Nesting of Methods in java
18. Inheritance in Java with example
19. Java Access Modifiers – Public, Private, Protected, Friendly
20. Array in Java
21. Strings in Java | String Methods
22. StringBuffer class in Java with Program
23. Vector in Java | Vector Methods
24. Wrapper Classes in Java With Program
25. Autoboxing and Unboxing in Java With Program
26. enum in Java with Program
27. Java Annotation
28. Interface in Java with Program
29. Difference between Class and Interface in Java
30. Implementing Interfaces in Java
31. Java Program to implement Multiple Inheritance using Interface
32. Difference Between Multithreading and Multitasking in Java
33. Life Cycle of Thread in Java with Diagram
34. Synchronization of threads in Java
35. Java Thread Priority
36. Java Program to Implement Multithreading using Runnable Interface
37. Inter-thread Communication in Java
38. Suspend, Resume and Stop Thread in Java
39. Types of Error in Java
40. Exceptions in Java
41. Exception Handling in Java with examples
42. Java Package
43. Static import in Java
44. Design a package to contain class Student and package contain interface Sports