Skills Required for Data Analyst in India
Data Analyst collect, process and perform statistical analyzes of data. Their skills may not be as advanced as data scientists, but their goals are the same – to discover how data can be used to answer questions and solve problems.
Skills Required for Data Analyst:
1. Technical Skills:
- Statistical methods and packages
- R and/or SAS languages
- Data warehousing and business intelligence platforms
- SQL databases and database querying languages
- Database design
- Data mining
- Working knowledge of Hadoop & MapReduce
- Data cleaning and munging
- Data Visualization and reporting techniques
- Machine learning techniques
2. Business Skills:
i. Analytics Problem-Solving: Employing best practices to analyze large amounts of data while maintaining intense attention to detail.
ii. Effective Communication: Using reports and presentations to explain complex technical ideas and methods to an audience of laymen.
iii. Creative Thinking: Questioning established business practices and brainstorming new approaches to data analysis.
iv. Industry Knowledge: Understanding what drives your chosen industry and how data can contribute to the success of a company/organization strategy.