Components of .NET Framework Architecture
ASP.NET is a platform for building, deploying, and running web services and applications. It supports the software life cycle for the development, debugging, deployment, and maintenance of applications.
Components of .NET Framework:
1. Common Language Runtime (CLR)
2. .NET Framework base class library
3. Common Language Specification (CLS)
4. .NET Compliant languages
5. Data and XML classes such as ADO.NET, SQL, XML, etc.
6. A set of class libraries for building XML Web services
7. ASP.NET Web Forms-based Web applications
8. Common Type System (CTS)
9. Windows Forms-based rich client application
10. Microsoft Visual Studio .NET (IDE)