What is Multithreading in .NET with example?
Multithreading in .NET:
Multi-threading is a widely used technique to improve the performance of our applications, we do it by dividing the application into little threads and executing them simultaneously. Although multi-threading is tough work to do and .NET is quite easy rather to other programming languages.
System.Threading namespace provides the facility of multithreading.
Advantages of Multithreading:
- We can improve the performance of multithreading
- We can make the application more responsive.
- It can utilize processor very well.
- It can stop or pause a task at any time.
Disadvantages of Multithreading:
- It increases the chance of deadlock.
- It makes the debugging and testing tough.