Life Cycle of Thread in OS
Thread : A process is divided into a number of light-weight processes, each light-weight process is said to be a thread. The thread has a program counter that keeps the tracks of which instruction to execute next, if process registers, which hold its current working variables. It has a stack which contains the executing thread history.
Life Cycle of Thread
1. Born State : A thread that has just created.
2. Ready State : The thread is waiting for processor (CPU).
3. Running : The System assigns the processor to the thread means that the thread is being executing.
4. Blocked State : The thread is waiting for an event to occur or waiting for an I/O device.
5. Sleep : A sleeping thread becomes ready after the designated sleep time expires.
6. Dead : The execution of the thread is finished.