Link State Routing Algorithm in Computer Networks
The problem with Distance Vector Routing Algorithm is that no routers have an idea about the full path towards the destination. It has knowledge of only the next hop to which the packet is to be sent. Because of this, it faces a count-to-infinity problem. Link State Routing Algorithm can be used to overcome this problem.
Steps of Link State Routing Algorithm:
1. Discover the neighbours and learn their network addresses.
2. Measure the delay or cost to each of the neighbours.
3. Construct a packet telling all it has just learned – Building link state packets.
4. Send this packet to all other routers – Distributing the link state packets.
5. Compute the shortest path to every other router.