Environmental Responsibility Theory
A business enterprise also commits to contributing to environmental pollution as minimally as possible. With this noble idea in mind, it should always aim towards sustainable development. The main aim should be too –
1. Put the best effort to maximize efficiency and minimize environmental impacts.
2. Pay serious attention to fuel combustion efficiency to manage air quality at legally accepted requirements.
3. Implant water management program by optimizing raw water and treating the quality of effluent before discharging it into the environment.
4. Carry out the rule of reducing, reusing and recycling in waste management to achieve zero hazardous waste in landfill.
5. Conduct continuous, environmental quality monitoring programs and report the performance to appropriate authorities.
6. Take measures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by focusing on direct and indirect CO2 emissions. This includes energy saving in the electricity generation process, initiating an organization-wide energy efficiency campaign and promoting natural carbon sink through expanding green areas in the power plants, reforestation and community forest conservation in strategic locations nationwide.
7. Create infrastructure for the production of cleaner energy.
8. Become more stringent in the prevention and mitigation issues of environmental risks and compliance with national regulations.