Data Architect Roles and Responsibilities
Data architects create blueprints for data management systems (DBMS). After assessing a company’s potential data sources, architects design a plan to integrate, centralize, protect and maintain them. This allows employees to access critical information in the right place at the right time.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Data Architect:
1. Collaborate with IT teams and management to devise a data strategy that addresses industry requirements.
2. Build an inventory of data needed to implement the architecture.
3. Research new opportunities for data acquisition.
4. Identify and evaluate current data management technologies.
5. Create a fluid, end-to-end vision for how data will flow through an organization.
6. Develop data models for database structures.
7. Design, document, construct and deploy database architectures and applications.
8. Integrate technical functionality such as scalability, security, performance, data recovery, reliability, etc.
9. Implement measures to endure data accuracy and accessibility.
10. Constantly monitor, refine and report on the performance of data management systems.
11. produce and enforce database development standards.
12. Maintain a corporate repository of all data architecture artefacts and procedures.