Client/Server is the technology behind cloud computing. In this technology, multiple computers perform collectively to augment computing power. The server is the prime regulator wherein software applications and data are kept for access. If a user requires to operate a program or access precise data, he/she needs to connect to the server to get suitable access and to perform various operations whilst renting the data or program from the server.
The client may request to be associated with the server, to which the server replies appropriately. This is known as a dumb terminal as it doesn’t have the processing power, storage space or memory. A client is simply a tool which is associated with the user for facilitation. The user needs to obtain consent until and unless it doesn’t get approval to access the processor. Due to inadequate processing power, IT employees neither acquire instant access nor can two users access similar data concurrently in Client/Server Technology.
Advantages of Client/Server Computing:
1. Centralized control: There is centralized power used in the client-server model. The server assists in controlling the complete system. Access acceptance of distinct users and resource allotment is made by the server.
2. Administration managed: File administration turns out to be trouble-free since every file is saved in a single place.
3. Replication for backup: Since complete data is saved on the server, it is easy to create a backup of it. During the time of recovering the missing data, it performs a vital role.
4. Easy updating possible: Variations may be made simply by the mere advancement of the server.
5. Remote service: Access to distant servers is possible to accomplish the needs of consumers and support distinct networks.
6. Secure and safe: For any computing, safety is a vital feature. Safety conventions and access privileges may be termed at the time of association with the server.
Disadvantages of Client/Server Computing:
1. If the server is unable to tackle countless requests from consumers, it might lead to congestion with data getting missed.
2. In case you’re downloading a file from the server and if, because of some fault, it gets discarded, the download to discontinue.
3. Administration and deployment are extremely costly for such computing.
4. Expert IT populates are forever required for maintaining servers and other technological particulars of the network. It needs unique guidance for the upholding of the server.