Characteristics of Data Warehouse
Data Warehousing is the process of constructing and using a data warehouse. It constructed by integrating data from multiple heterogeneous sources that support analytical reporting, structured and or ad-hoc queries, and decision-making. Data Warehouse involves data cleaning, data integration, and data consolidations.
The data warehouse is a central repository of integrated data from one or more disparate sources. It is used for reporting and data analysis. It is a hierarchical database that stores data in files or folders, and a data lake uses a flat architecture to store data.
Characteristics of Data Warehouse:
1. A data warehouse is a database, which is kept separate from the organization’s operational database.
2. There is no frequent updating done in a data warehouse.
3. It possesses consolidated historical data, which helps the organization to analyze its business.
4. A data warehouse helps executives organize, understand and use their data to take strategic decisions.
5. Data warehouse systems help in the integration of a diversity of application systems.
6. A data warehouse system helps in consolidated historical data analysis.