Best Language for Machine Learning
Best Programming Language for Machine Learning:
1. Python: The Python language has increased in usage because it’s easy to learn and easy to read. It also has some good machine learning libraries, such as sci-kit-learn, PyML, and pybrain. Jython was developed as a Python interpreter for the JVM, which may be worth investigating.
2. Ruby: Many people know about the Ruby language by association with the Ruby On Rails web development framework, but it’s also used as a standalone language. The best way to integrate machine learning frameworks is to look at JRuby, which is a JVM-based alternative that enables you to access the Java machine learning libraries.
3. R: R is an open-source statistical programming language. The syntax is not the easiest to learn, but I do encourage you to have a look at it. It also has a large number of machine-learning packages and visualization tools. The R-Java project allows Java programmers to access R functions from Java code.
4. Matlab: The Matlab language is used widely within academia for technical computing and algorithm creation. Like R, it also has a facility for plotting visualizations and graphs.
5. Scala: A new breed of languages is emerging that takes advantage of Java’s runtime environment, which potentially increases performance, based on the threading architecture of the platform. Scala (which is an acronym for Scalable Language) is one of these, and it is being widely used by several startups. There are machine learning libraries, such as ScalaNLP, but Scala can access Java jar files.
6. Clojure: Another JVM-based language, Clojure, is based on the Lisp programming language. It’s designed for concurrency, which makes it a great candidate for machine-learning applications on large sets of data.