Advantages and Disadvantages of DBMS
Database Management System (DBMS) is a software package that allows the data is being stored, retrieve and manipulate. The data contains in a DBMS package. It can access by multiple application programs and users. A database is an organized collection of facts. In other words, we can say that it is a collection of information arranged and presented to serve an assigned purpose.
Advantages of DBMS:
DBMS has got the following advantages:
1. It represents a complex relationship among different data items.
2. It keeps tight control of data redundancy.
3. DBMS maintains a data dictionary for the storage of information about data fields and data manipulation.
4. It enforces user-defined rules to ensure the integrity of data in a table form.
5. It ensures that the data can be shared across all applications.
6. It also enforces data access authorization.
7. DBMS has an automatic intelligent backup and recovery procedure of data.
8. DBMS has a different interface through which users can manipulate the data.
Disadvantages of DBMS:
1. Hardware and Software Costs
2. Database Failure
3. Expensive technical staff
5. Cost of data conversion
6. Difficult backup and recovery