Advantages and Disadvantages of DBMS
Advantages of DBMS:
DBMS has got the following advantages:
1. It represents a complex relationship among different data items.
2. It keeps tight control of data redundancy.
3. DBMS maintains a data dictionary for the storage of information about data fields and data manipulation.
4. It enforces user-defined rules to ensure the integrity of data in a table form.
5. It ensures that the data can be shared across all applications.
6. It also enforces data access authorization.
7. DBMS has an automatic intelligent backup and recovery procedure of data.
8. DBMS has a different interface through which users can manipulate the data.
Disadvantages of DBMS:
1. Hardware and Software Costs
2. Database Failure
3. Expensive technical staff
5. Cost of data conversion
6. Difficult backup and recovery