Web Developer, Core Transportation Technology Jobs in Amazon
Manifesting and Labeling Technology Services (MLTS) include Tier-1 transportation services to generate and vend ship labels, tracking IDs and carrier route codes and carrier manifest documents. MLTS services create these carrier artefacts for all packages processed by Amazon and its subsidiaries.
The Transportation business has grown in scale and complexity over the last few years with the introduction of innovative business models, product evolution and geographic expansion. We have launched our journey to transform the legacy platform into a NEW carrier-facing product named Passport to replace many manual processes and tools. We are looking for a Web Development Engineer who will drive the core platform UI functionalities required for our new product (exposed to end Carrier externally) by coordinating with multiple businesses, and product and tech teams from various trans organisations.
Key Job Details:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience developing web-based user interfaces
- Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of AWS systems, configurations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment and to learn new frameworks/stacks
- Self-directed and capable of quickly shipping code in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience translating design mockups, prototypes and user stories into working applications
- Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, JSON
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive
- Experience in the development of best practices including Agile development, peer code reviews and unit testing.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and describe software product features, and technical designs.