Services of OS
An Operating System provides many services to the user.
Number of jobs are executed by the CPU simultaneously that is called Multi-Programming. In Multi-Programming, the main memory consisting of number of jobs at a time.
Advantages of Multi-Programming:
1. It can get efficient memory utilization.
2. CPU is never idle, So the performance of CPU will increase.
3. Throughput of the CPU may also increase.
Batch Processing :
A group of jobs batched together and execute at a time that is called Batch Processing.
1. Services of OS
2. Functions of OS
3. Major Achievements of OS
4. Types of Operating Systems
5. Characteristics of Modern OS
6. Process States in OS
7. Difference Between Program and Process
8. Process Control Block (PCB) in OS
9. Life Cycle of Thread in OS
10. Difference between Process and Thread
11. CPU Scheduling in OS
12. First Come First Serve (FCFS) Scheduling