Junior Java Developer Jobs in Citi
Citi’s mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world’s toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. We are Citi, the global bank – an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
Key Job Details:
The Applications Development Programmer Analyst is an intermediate-level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Utilize knowledge of applications development procedures and concepts, and basic knowledge of other technical areas to identify and define necessary system enhancements
- Identify and analyze issues, make recommendations, and implement solutions
- Utilize knowledge of business processes, system processes, and industry standards to solve complex issues
- Analyze information and make evaluative judgements to recommend solutions and improvements
- Conduct testing and debugging, utilize script tools, and write basic code for design specifications
- Assess the applicability of similar experiences and evaluate options under circumstances not covered by procedures
- Develop a working knowledge of Citi’s information systems, procedures, standards, client-server application development, network operations, database administration, systems administration, data center operations, and PC-based applications
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.