How to Develop Positive Attitude?
There are some ways to help you develop a more positive attitude:
1. Listen to the internal dialogue: Divide one or more sheets of paper into two columns and for a few days, jot down in the left column all the negative thoughts that come into your head. Positively rewrite each thought in the second column. Practise doing this in your mind until it becomes a habit.
2. Get back to basics: Reconnect with old friends, take the dog for a walk, visit an art gallery or listen to your favourite music. Enjoy a long, relaxing bath, read a book, tell your child a story, or ask an older relative to tell you one! It is the simplest thing in life that gives us the most pleasure.
3. Help someone out: The simple act of helping others helps us to feel good. Pick up groceries for an ageing neighbour, volunteer at your local hospital or read a book to someone with failing eyesight.
4. Find your spirituality: The secret is practising those beliefs either through organized spiritual associations, or simple meditation in a quiet place.
5. Allow yourself to be loved: The ability to love and to be loved is the most basic human quality. Intending ways to reconnect with others is extremely helpful in developing a positive attitude.
6. Allow yourself to laugh and final humour in the simplest of things: Laughter is a powerful mood elevator. If you are feeling down, read some jokes or watch a funny movie.
7. Participate in new physical and mental activities: It could be as easy as learning the meanings of new words or learning about new topics to build confidence.