Hamming Code | Error Correction
Hamming code is an error correction method that some redundant bits are placed along with data bits to form a code word.
Steps of Hamming Code calculating r-value:
Checking for error: Receiver does the step 3 operation stated above on codeword C. After this operation, the bit combination represents a binary number which corresponding to a decimal number. If the decimal number is 0 then there is no error. Otherwise, if the decimal number is n then it is concluded that the n-th bit is error-bit.
1. Types of Computer Network
2. Transmission Modes | Simplex, Half Duplex and Full Duplex
3. Types of Network Topology | Mesh, Star, Bus, Ring, Tree, Hybrid Topology
4. Guided Transmission Media in Networking
5. Circuit Switching in Networking
6. Packet Switching in Networking
7. Message Switching in Networking
8. Nyquist Criteria – Maximum Data Rate of a Noiseless Channel
9. Shanon’s Criteria – Maximum Data Rate of a Noisy Channel
10. Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC)
11. Checksum in Networking | Error Detection
12. Hamming Code | Error Correction