Operators in C++
An expression consists of variables and constants separated by Operators in C++. There are mainly 8 types of Operators in C++ are given as follows :
1. Arithmetic Operators : Arithmetic Operators are used to perform arithmetic operations.
2. Relational Operators : Relational Operators are used to compare the values of operands to produce a logical value. It is a type of bool so, a logical is either true or false.
3. Logical Operators : Logical Operators combine two or more relational operators or expressions and produce a logical value or results.
x>y && x==5 x==5 || y==7
4. Increment and decrement operators : Increment operator (++) is used to increase the value of an integer or char variable by 1. Decrement operator (- -) is used to reduce the value of an integer or char variable by 1
x = 15; x++ or ++x will produce the result x = 16 x = 15; x- – or – -x will produce the result x = 14
5. Pointer Operators : Pointer Operators produces address values.
&a ptr ptr+1 "ABC"
where a is a variable and ptr is a pointer.
6. Assignment Operators : In C++, there are three types of Assignment Operators are given as below :
(i) Chained Operators : A chained operator is used for instance variable at the time of declaration. It can’t used to initialize varables.
a=(b=5); or a=b=5;
(ii) Embedded Operators :
a=(b=10)+5; (b=10) is an assignement operator that is known as Embedded Operator, Here the value 10 is assigned to b and then the result 10+5=15 is assigned to a.
(iii) Compound Operators : In C++, compound operator is a combination of the assignment operator with a binary arithmetic operator.
a+=5; or a=a+5; The operator += is known as Compound Assignment Operator.
7. Bitwise Operators : Bitwise Operators are used to manipulate data at bit level. They are basically used for testing or shifting bits.
a<<4 // shift four bit position to left b>> 2 // shift two bit position to right
1. Concepts of OOP
2. C++ input output functions
3. Data Types in C++
4. Operators in C++
5. C++ Control Statements | if-else, switch, for, while and do-while
6. Call by Value and Call by Reference in C++
7. Inline Function in C++
8. Default Arguments in C++
9. Function Overloading in C++
10. C++ Program to Find Factorial of Number
11. C++ Program to Solve Tower of Hanoi using Recursion